COVID Frequently Asked Questions
Q – When does booking start and how many players can I book for?
A – Online booking will be available now, just as it was in previous seasons. The one change will be we do require you to provide all 4 player names at the time of booking and let us know how many carts will be required.
Players will be allowed to book a maximum of 4 players.
Q – Are carts being allowed and if so how many per group?
A- Yes, but with only one rider per cart. If two players live at the same home address they may share a cart. We will allow up to 4 carts per group if required. With allowing 4 carts per group there is the potential that we run out of carts, please let us know at the time of your booking how many carts your group requires to help us better manage our numbers.
Q – Is the practice facility open?
A- Yes we have the clubhouse end available for warm up before your round. As well we have 8 mats available at the far end for practice. Please note at this time it is only for use of pass holders.
Q – Do I need to check in?
A- No, we will ask for all player names at the time of booking. When you arrive at the course (a maximum of 20 minutes before your time) you can proceed directly to the range for a quick warm up if you have a range pass and then to the starter.
Q – When am I allowed at the golf club?
A- Players will be asked to arrive a maximum of 20 minutes before your tee time, if you arrive earlier please wait in your vehicle. Once your round is complete we ask that you leave the property immediately.
Q – Is the putting green open?
A- No at this time the putting green will remain closed. Feel free to hit a few practice putts when you get to the first green.
Q – Can we use prebooks?
A – No at this time we are not allowing prebooks. With a limited tee sheet we want to make sure all members have equal opportunity to book a tee time.
Q – Are the on course washrooms open?
A – Yes as of Friday, May 14th all on course washrooms will be open.
Q – Does every player in the group need to call in to hear the protocols?
A – No only one person needs to phone in to make a booking, but they will be required to provide all player names in the group as well as the number of carts needed for the group. Protocols will be emailed out to all members.
Q – What food and beverage options will be available?
A – The restaurant will be available to phone in order for take home food & beverages.
The on course kiosks will be open selling pre-packaged food and beverages.
Q – Are league plays still happening ? Men’s Night, Lades Day, Seniors Day, ect.
A – No, all leagues will be postponed until the protocols are eased.
Q – What if I have a cold? Or if I just have one symptom of COVID but I think it’s something else.
A – Please stay home. Anyone showing any symptoms will be asked to leave the property.
Q – What if I accidentally break one of the protocols? (High fives, removing the pin, ect)
A – We understand accidents happen however if noticed you will be asked to leave the golf course. We will have a zero tolerance because one infraction could lead to the closure of not only our golf course but all the golf courses in the area.
Q – Can we post scores to Golf Canada with the protocols in place?
A – Yes, Golf Canada has announced that scores can be posted using modified cups and a local rule can be adopted for bunkers with no rakes that if you are in a foot print you may lift your ball, rake the area with your foot and replace the ball.
Q – Is the golf shop open to purchase balls, gloves, clothing?
A – Yes, but there will be no handling or trying on of any products. We will assist you in getting the product you would like to purchase and all sales will be final.
GENERAL GOLF PROTOCOLS
- Golfers must have a pre-booked tee time to enter the golf course property. Walk-ups are not permitted at this time.
- Tee time capacity has been reduced and tee times have been appropriately spaced to control the number of golfers.
- Only two golfers permitted into the golf shop at a time.
- Practice putting green is closed…please hit a few practice putts on first green of play.
- Club Storage is not available at this time. Please handle your own clubs from start to finish.
- Bag Drop is not available at this time. Please handle your own clubs from start to finish.
- Golf club rentals are not available, please bring your own clubs.
- On course water drinking stations are closed. Please bring your own bottled water.
- Please arrive at the course no earlier than 20 minutes before your tee time to practice ‘social distancing’. If you arrive earlier than 20 minutes…please remain in your car.
- Cash transactions are not permitted anywhere on property.
WHEN ON COURSE
- Flag sticks are not to be touched at any time.
- Raised cups, PVC or other cup fillers will keep the ball from going to the bottom of the hole. We encourage continuous putting and 2 foot gimmmies to all golfers.
- Ball washers have been removed (please bring your own damp towel).
- Rakes have been removed (a local rule is in place to allow you to ‘foot rake’ the bunker and place the ball in a better lie).
- Sand/ seed bottles have been removed.
- Shoe blowers have been removed.
- Pull carts are available but limited. If you have your own pull cart please utilize.
- Pull carts are cleaned and disinfected before and after each round
- Practicing physical distancing while walking down the fairway, while searching for lost balls and on the greens is mandatory.
POWER CART USAGE
- Power cart usage is limited to a single rider only (unless with a family member/spouse or partner of the same physical address).
- Power carts are cleaned and disinfected before and after each round.
DRIVING RANGE USAGE
- The number of stalls have been reduced to allow for physical distancing.
- Only those members with a range pass are permitted to use range.
- Range balls are sanitized daily.
Take Out Available
Available Wednesday through Sunday from 12PM to 6PM.
For Take-Out, we kindly ask that you follow these instructions when ordering:
- Please call 250-765-5971 with your order a minimum of 20 minutes ahead
- When you arrive please park in one of the two stalls labeled for “Pick-Up” orders located directly out front the clubhouse doors. *Please note, curbside food cannot be delivered to carts, or be consumed on the property.
- Please call us when you arrive at 250-765-5971 with your name and stall number – we will proceed to bring your order to your car for you.
- Take food home & enjoy! Add a Bottle of wine to your take out food order for only $16.75!