Welcome to a new golf season. The Ladies Club is a member of Zone 2, British Columbia Golf and Golf Canada, and is located at The Okanagan Golf Club (OGC) in Kelowna, British Columbia. We exist solely for the benefit of all full-play lady members of the OGC. We are a non-profit organization and maintain an executive to ensure our activities are in accordance with our purpose. Our goals as outlined in our Constitution are to:
- Promote interest in the game of golf and the true spirit of the game within the Club in accordance with the policies and rules of Golf Canada.
- Provide an opportunity for the membership to meet and play golf with new and different ladies through various organized events such as Wednesday Ladies Day, Monday Senior Ladies, the Two Ball Tournament, the Solheim Cup, the Memorial Cup, Match Play, Interclub Challenges and the Club Championship.
- Provide opportunities to play competitive golf and to learn and apply the rules and etiquette of golf.
- Promote Ladies’ tournaments within the Club, the Zone and the Province.
- Promote Junior Golf and encourage junior girl golfers.
The Ladies Club encourages a positive and supportive atmosphere among our players, as well as toward our executive, our appointed positions, our volunteers and the staff at OGC. Questions, concerns and helpful suggestions are welcome by our event organizers and are best initiated by email to be addressed when time permits. Many factors influence the decisions made at the executive level, including time, resources, impact on others, and the wishes of the membership. We appreciate your understanding that the executive and committee chairs are volunteers and who work to do their best for the membership.
Links on this page will take you to: (1) contact information for the elected executive members, as well as the volunteer appointed positions, (2) our Constitution and Policies, and (3) information and schedules for various events for the season. If what you seek is not yet posted on our website, please return for updates or directly contact the appropriate member for the event in question.
We encourage all members to attend our two General Meetings – one in the spring and one in the fall. It is a great opportunity to meet the membership and have a voice regarding decisions made at these meetings. We welcome all the players to the Okanagan Golf Club and hope that you have a wonderful golf season and enjoy what the Ladies Club has to offer to the membership.